No matter how old we are, we have all been on the receiving end of a horrendous chat up line or two. Anything from “did it hurt when you fell from heaven?” to “hey, you look really fun - I had to come talk to you” so here at MatureLove.com we have decided to share with you our 5 Worst Chat Up Lines To Avoid:
5. “Do you have heat vision? Because you are burning a hole right through my heart”: A guy actually used this before he asked me out on a date. As you can imagine, I kindly declined his offer of a date!
4. “Grab your coat, you’ve pulled!”: Very old school but still makes an appearance in today’s dating culture.
3. In the days of the good old fashioned telephone box, there was this one: “Here’s 20p call your dad and tell him you won’t be home tonight.” Of course, this wouldn't work in this day and age, what with mobile phones so definitely one to avoid.
2. “Nice dress, it’d look good on my bedroom floor”: Very straight and to the point but maybe a little too blunt?
1. And ladies, I’m afraid we can be just as bad: “is that a lighter in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?”
So there you have it, a pre-warning should you ever face these whilst online dating. What are your chat up lines to avoid?
Why not join MatureLove.com today, The #1 for Mature Love & Dating and avoid those awful chat up lines.